Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Washington Capitals Mike Green


Most people that know me know that I'm a hockey nut. If an NHL game is being broadcasted, there's a good chance my tv will be on that channel. Not only do I watching games, I partake in fantasy hockey, which is just hockey Dungeons and Dragons.

Lots of pro models have come out with NHL logo inspired graphics such as Gino for 101, Colin x 2 for Plan B, T-Ferg for Girl, Wade for DGK and Getz for Habitat.

I was perusing frozen in carbonite and came across this post and apparently Mike Green of the Washington Capitals is into skateboarding. The Maxim article referenced is partially available here. I have a feeling he wasn't a very good skater. I found this video below from a google search and he says his best trick is/was a kickflip, which, let's be honest, is just a stock trick for any kid who's been skating for more than a few months.



Regardless of how good or bad of a skater he was as a teenager, it's cool that he's still into it and collects boards for art. I'd be psyched to get one of the above Mike Green boards. Dude really is an amazing offensive defenceman. I think he should've been on the 2010 Canadian Olympic Team.

No comments: